A quick way to send money to someone is using the Cash app. It is free and secure since you can use a password to protect all of your payments. In the event that your CashCard is stolen or lost, you can also freeze it. Additionally, using your fingerprint ID to approve payments will offer an additional layer of security.
It’s quite simple to add friends and family to the app. Since only app users can exchange money, the only requirement is that they have an active Cash App account. To create accounts, transfer and receive money, and use this app, you must be at least 18 years old.
Thankfully, setting up an account doesn’t take more than a few minutes. You might have to wait a bit for approval if you have an account with a smaller bank. However, the majority of big banks frequently get approval right away. You can start sending money to your friends and family as soon as you’re accepted.
The procedures for adding users to Cash App are listed below. Both Android and iOS smartphones follow the same procedure.
- On your phone, open the Cash App. To access the account menu, click the “profile” symbol in the top-right corner of the screen.
- To invite friends, click “Invite Friends, Get $15” on the account page.
- You can either choose contacts from your phone’s contact list or enter the email address or phone number of the person you wish to invite to the app in the new window. You’ll notice a green sign that reads, “Uses Cash App.” if some of your contacts are already utilizing the app.
- After choosing everyone you want to invite to the Cash App (if you permitted contacts in the app) or the recipient’s email or phone number, touch “Send Invite.”
- If you entered your email, or if you use contacts, the recipient will receive an SMS asking them to download the Cash App.
- If the receiver uses the supplied code while enrolling, you’ll each get a $15 bonus, and they get $5. You can alter the text before sending it, so be aware of that.
Note: In order to receive the $15 incentive in the Cash App, you must:
- Your contact logs into the app using your code.
- They connect their account to a debit card.
- Within two weeks, they send contact at least $5.
How to Transfer Money to Contacts
You may be wondering how to send money to the folks you’ve added to the Cash App. The steps are as follows:
- Go to your phone’s Cash App and launch it.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the “New” button.
- The amount to send should be typed in. Keep in mind that you are only permitted to send a maximum of $250 every week or $1,000 per month.
Include the recipient’s phone number and email address in the contact information. Additionally, you can add a contact’s $Cashtag, or Cash App login.
- Type in the reason for the payment.
- Tap on “Pay” to complete the transaction.
There is one drawback to the fact that the money typically transfers rapidly, which is a positive thing. Don’t forget to input all the information precisely because payments cannot be canceled. You’re unlikely to receive your money back if you send it to the incorrect recipient. Because of this circumstance, it’s imperative to check everything twice before pressing the final Pay button.
Within the app, all of your transactions are kept. You may always perform the following to check your sent and received payments:
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- Make your way to the “Activity” tab on the home screen.
- To view the details of any payment, choose it.
It takes less than a minute to add individuals to this app, and doing so could earn you or your recipient some extra money. Transactions happen quickly and the process is quite straightforward.